Average home details:
- Most homes are in subdivisions
- Most homes built after the 1990’s
Distance from the parks:
- ~ 28 minutes to Disney
- ~ 27 minutes to Universal
Nearby Schools & 2019 School Grades:
(School grades are based on the Florida Dept. of Education rating system: A,B,C,D,F. Please note there are more than one school in each Orlando neighborhood, this is just a snapshot)
- High School: East Ridge High School: B
- Middle School: Clermont Middle School: B
- Elementary School: Clermont Elementary School: A
Clermont has the highest elevation in Central Florida. With so many hills and elevation changes, it’s hard to imagine you’re only 30 minutes from Disney! Forget swamps and marshes, Clermont feels like a small Northern town combined with Southern live oaks and Spanish moss. Clermont offers affordable homes, a friendly atmosphere, and the subtlest of nods to Disney – Short-term rental homes like Airbnb are harder to find in Clermont.
Once you visit Clermont, it’s easy to see the charm: Clermont is residential, family-focused, and poised for growth. Much of Clermont is still farmland, but new home subdivisions are literally changing the landscape.
Why Residents Love The Area
Jeff & Christine moved to Clermont because they wanted to raise their two daughters in a quieter section of Orlando in a gated neighborhood. They also wanted to be less than 30 minutes to Disney.
Scott & Kim are active cyclists, Disney fans, and wanted to be close to the popular West Orange bike trail in Winter Garden. The Winter Garden price point was higher than the couple wanted, but we found a new build community in Clermont with the perfect price and distance to the trails.
Things to Consider about Clermont
- Highway 50: Clermont is connected directly to Orlando only by one road: highway 50. Commuting on 50 to and from downtown Orlando can be tough during rush hour.
- Historic Downtown Clermont: Down has seen tons of revitalization in recent years, but some buildings & homes are in obvious need or repair.
- Distance: Clermont is geographically far from other areas of Orlando
Fun Things Nearby
Historic Downtown Clermont:
Downtown Clermont is a hotspot of activity for locals. Fun restaurants and breweries provide a similar feel to Winter Garden, but without the higher-end feel. Suncreek brewery makes a great beer. Don’t forget to check out Energy Lab Coffee, too: Part bike store / part craft espresso cafe.
Lake Louisa State Park
Take a break from the city and explore the enormous Lake Louisa State Park. Enjoy walking trails, mountain bike trails, boating, and more!
Lakeridge Winery and vineyard
Lakeridge Winery is the largest premium winery in Florida, and is well-known in Central Florida. Stop by for wine-tasting 7 days a week!