Average home details:
- $300k – 1 Million
- Some historic homes, however most are built in the 1960’s and newer
- No Homeowner’s Association
Distance from the parks:
- ~ 25minutes to Disney
- ~ 20 minutes to Universal
Nearby Schools & 2019 School Grades:
(School grades are based on the Florida Dept. of Education rating system: A,B,C,D,F. Please note there are more than one school in each Orlando neighborhood, this is just a snapshot)
- High School: Boone High School: A
- Middle School: Howard Middle School: B
- Elementary School: Hillcrest Elementary: A
About Downtown Orlando
You may not recognize downtown Orlando if you haven’t been in the last 10 years; Our vibrant downtown is packed full of new and exciting restaurants, shops, and bars. Sodo (South of Downtown), Thornton Park, Delaney Park, Baldwin Park, and College Park are the most popular places to live in Downtown Orlando.
The most exciting reason to live in Downtown Orlando is the growth and redevelopment! Downtown offers tons of exciting venues, restaurants, and bars – Our city has so much to offer! Professional basketball, our food scene, and entertainment options are endless.
Why Residents Love The Area
A beautiful home in Thornton Park
Chris started his search looking for a townhome or condo downtown. He wanted to be close to the Dr. Phillips Performing Arts Center since he likes going to concerts and off-broadway shows. He purchased a condo downtown because the layout and price were exactly what he was looking for.
Things to Consider
- The “I-4 Ultimate” remodel can be a pain at the intersection of I-4 & Toll road 408. This is the biggest intersection in downtown Orlando.
- Road noise, lights, and airplane noise from the Orlando Executive Airport should be considered.
- Special events like NBA games, concerts and more can affect traffic in the evening.
Fun Things Nearby
Dr. Phillips Performing Arts Center
One of our favorite places in Downtown Orlando. Built in 2011, the Dr. Phillips Performing Arts Center is a state-of-the-art, beautiful theater showcasing the best of off-broadway performances.
Lake Eola Park
Lake Eola is the unofficial logo of Downtown Orlando, and the symbol of our city. Take a quick stroll around the lake, and you’ll find our famous swans and rainbow-painted Walt Disney World Amphitheater.
SAK Comedy Club
The SAK Comedy Lab is a family-friendly improv club where it’s almost guaranteed you’ll leave happier than when you came in! They’ve been in business almost 30 years, and are one of our favorite places for a date night, or quick night out with friends.