How We Show Homes
Let’s go see some homes!
Exploring different homes and discovering all of your options is one of the most exciting parts of the home buying process. You’ve created a list of your ideal floor plans, your dream kitchen, and in your mind you already know the exact vibe you’re looking to create in your future home-but when it comes time to see homes with you Realtor, it can be overwhelming or even underwhelming at times. So how can you make the most of your home showings experience?
Before Seeing Homes
- If you’re financing the home, speak with a great lender to see what you’re pre-approved for. Having this info gives you great insight to how much room you financially have to play with when searching for home. This is a great way to narrow down your options right at the beginning of this adventure.
- Talk to your Realtor about setting you up on an MLS auto-email search. The MLS is a great tool that we as Realtors use to list homes, view active listings, view market insight and much more. Through the MLS your Realtor can input what you are looking for in a home; your desired areas, property type, private pool, open floor plan, square footage, etc. Each week you will receive the most updated listings that meet your search criteria. You can “favorite” and discard homes in your MLS portal and the best part is your Realtor can see all of this activity, making it a great collaborative process.
- Maybe the most difficult part-Narrow it down. After spending many evenings on the couch scrolling through listings and filling up with excitement with each one that is sent your way, it’s easy for us to create a longgg list of homes to see. The week of home showings, I like to advise our buyers to pick between 6-8 homes that are your MUST-see, dream homes. I find that from this list, these are usually the homes that have the absolute core features buyers are looking for in a home and this also keeps buyers from that “overwhelming, all of these homes are starting to blur together” feeling.
- Let’s create a showing schedule! Here at Magical Moves, we will create a showing schedule around your availability with those awesome home choices that you narrowed down. We will send you a conformed copy of your showing schedule the day before your appointment and your Realtor will meet you at the first home on that schedule.
It’s Time to See Homes!
- The exciting day (or days) has come! It’s time to find your piece of the magic. When visiting homes with your Realtor, we as a team, enjoy letting our buyers guide themselves through homes so that you can explore and speak freely with your family. If you have any questions on the home, we won’t be more than just a few feet away!
After Seeing Homes
- Here is the second toughest part-making that final decision on the home you would like to make an offer on. This can understandably take a day or two to come to consensus, especially with a family. This is an important decision and our Magical Moves Team understands that this may be one of the biggest decisions you ever make. We’re always available to answer all of your questions and ensure that this process is an enjoyable one. Once you do choose your future home, your Realtor will run comps (Comparables) in order to best advise you on what might be a great number to start with. Once in an agreement on what you’d like to offer, it is sent to the listing agent, and we cross our fingers and look forward to giving you a call with that news-”It’s yours!”
You Might Also Enjoy
Sign Up To Our Monthly Newsletter
In our Facebook Group Magical Moves, I posted a poll of the top questions our buyers had. Want to know what was number #1? “What are the differences between Clermont & Winter Garden?!” Undeniably, these two areas are also our most popular areas for Magical Movers! If you live out of state, differentiating between the…
When searching for a rental, especially if you are making the move from another state, there are understandably lots of questions stirring up in your mind. At the forefront of all of those thoughts is probably “what does the rental application process look like in Orlando? What documents will I need to present with my…
A Guided Timeline When searching for a rental, one of the most common questions we get is “When should I start actively searching? How early is too early and how late is too late?” The timeline may vary depending on factors like, where you’re moving from, how much notice you need to give your current…