Average home details:
- $320k – 3 Million
- Townhomes: start in the 270’s
- Most homes built after the 2010’s, some built as early as the 1980’s.
- Located 5 minutes from Magic Kingdom!
- Well-known for luxury homes
Distance from the Parks:
- ~ 5-10 minutes to Disney
- ~ 15 minutes to Universal
Nearby Schools & 2019 School Grades:
(School grades are based on the Florida Dept. of Education rating system: A,B,C,D,F. Please note there are more than one school in each Orlando neighborhood, this is just a snapshot)
- High School: Windermere High School: A
- Middle School: Bridgewater Middle School: A
- Elementary School: Bay Lake Elementary: A
Windermere offers the most prestigious zip code closest to Disney and Universal! Neighborhoods like Islesworth offer homes in the 2 millions and higher, however most homes in the area start around 320k.
The City of Windermere is a quiet, tree-lined small town almost completely surrounded by lakes! This area is perfect for those who want to live in peace & quiet close to creature comforts, and most importantly, theme parks! Windermere is a higher-end community with privacy and proximity.
Why Residents Love The Area
Robert & Cathy wanted to be as close to the Magic Kingdom as possible! They decided to purchase a townhome that was directly behind Disney Property (Oasis Cove) so they can quickly be at the Disney parks at a moment’s notice.
Greg and Dielke bought a beautiful home on half an acre. They purchased a completely remodelled 1990’s home because they loved the quiet neighborhood, proximity to Disney World, and the stately feel of the home.
Things to Consider about Windermere
- Windermere is surrounded by the Butler Chain of Lakes, so roads turn and twist more often and have lower speed limits than surrounding areas.
- Windermere is mostly residential, you’ll have to venture to Winter Garden or Dr. Phillips for most shopping (other than Publix)
- Older homes may need remodeling to meet the needs of today’s buyers.
Fun Things Nearby
Paloma Coffee is one of the best coffee joints around! Located in Downtown Windermere, this is a great meeting spot before heading to the farmer’s Market
Windermere Farmer’s Market
The Windermere Farmer’s Market is open every Friday from 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM. The Market is located on Main Street in front of the Town Hall in the heart of Windermere! Stop by the market for fresh produce, fresh bread, local honey and much more.
Boating on the Lakes
The Butler Chain of Lakes is an amazing fishing and boating haven. The 11 interconnected lakes are practically exclusive for locals, since public boat ramps are hard to find. Water skiing, fishing, and boating are popular hobbies for locals.